Kindergarten: The Great Beyond; Or, “You Mean I’m Not Done Yet?”
Please note: Childcare will be provided!
Does your child receive preschool special education services? Are you heading to kindergarten in the fall of 2012?
What kind of elementary program will be right for your child? What are your rights and options?
Get familiar with the Turning 5 process. In her last free presentation of the season on the transition to kindergarten, Sarah Birnbaum of New York Special Needs Support will tell you how to:
- Learn your educational options, public and private
- Obtain the best evaluations and guidance
- Find an appropriate kindergarten program
- Understand your legal rights
- Get through the Turning 5 process and create an IEP
“Thank you for your Turning 5 workshop. You have alleviated so many of my fears, and now I feel like I actually understand the process!”
–Parent Feedback, Fall 2010 Seminar
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 6:00-8:00pm
Location: Bank Street College of Education
Auditorium, lobby level
610 West 112th Street