I have spent the past few years amassing a great deal of knowledge about raising children with special needs in New York.
I know from the inside what it feels like to be a special needs parent, and I intimately understand the emotional issues involved and how they affect each decision we parents make.
That understanding shapes every interaction I have with parents. I regard clients not as business associates, but as fellow travelers on a shared journey.
I offer the following services:
- Parent support in person, on the phone, or via email
- Early Intervention (EI) guidance
- Help with paperwork and interpreting reports
- Explanations and advice on types and amounts of therapy
- Advice on what constitutes appropriate services and how to obtain them
- Support and advocacy at Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings
- Assistance setting up and managing schedules
- Coaching in working with therapists and school, agency, and government personnel
- Transition support from EI to Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE), and CPSE to the Committee on Special Education (CSE)
- Guidance for parents entering the system in CPSE or CSE
- Help in understanding elementary, middle, and high school options
- Touring and application guidance
- Assistance in finding specialists to provide independent evaluations and supporting documentation
- IEP review support, including Turning 5 meetings