Thanks to enthusiastic demand from people unable to attend my September talk on making the transition from CPSE to CSE, I will be giving an encore presentation on the evening of Tuesday, October 26.
Are you the parent of a child who receives special education services and is heading to kindergarten in the fall of 2011?
Do you know your rights and options? Do you know what kind of elementary program will be right for your child?
Come hear a free presentation on the transition from preschool to elementary school. (Parents of younger children also welcome!)
Topics will include:
- Learning your educational options, public and private
- Obtaining the best evaluations and guidance
- Finding an appropriate kindergarten program
- Knowing your legal rights and involving a lawyer if necessary
- Getting through the Turning 5 process and creating an IEP
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 6:00-8:00pm
Location: 370 Riverside Drive, corner of West 109th Street
Basement common room